Sunday 5 February 2012

Spring Fair- NEC

Spring Fair on all this week but I went today as it's the only day I've got free as I've got more trade shows planned for Thursday, Friday and have a WA event on Saturday- it's going to be a very busy week.
I went to Spring Fair last year to meet up with a designer who had a stand in the homeware hall and didn't manage to get in to see the greetings and stationary hall- which wasn't surprising as there are so many halls (if anyone's ever been they'll understand). It's held at the NEC in Birmingham and the show literally fills all the halls the NEC has- it's that big.
With me doing my placement at Papersalad and hearing about some of the companies that would be exhibiting, I really wanted to have a look round the greetings & stationary hall-plus check out the PaperSalad stand :).


The show itself was really good and there were a lot of good exhibitors and publishers; one such was VIVID Wrap Ltd who designs gift wrap etc using handmade recycled cotton and screen prints the designs onto it- which look amazing, especially with the touch of glitter they add; it looks so much like handmade paper that as soon as you see it you can't help but be intrigued with a desire to touch the wrapping :p

The PaperSalad stand looked really good; it was all dressed up like a sweet shop with the cards displayed on cupboard-like boards. The sweet trolley finished it off nicely and looked great- you wouldn't have known it had been damaged (my painting paid off).
The PaperSalad gift wrap and bags were displayed on the Glick stand; who they're licenced to.
I was at the stand for a while with Karen and Claire and had the chance to speak to some of their agents; so all in all I'm getting good experience and knowledge of the industry.
It was good to Ella Doran Designs- I met up with her at her studio last April; her work was being exhibited by a licencing company.

PaperSalad stand

Karen & Claire speaking to visitors


New designs of the latest range "jelly pops"

Sweet trolley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment