Wednesday 21 December 2011

Paper Salad placement- week2

Another good week at Paper Salad; to start off with I put the shop that's located at the front of the studio  back together, as over the weekend they'd attended a school fair, so everything had to be put back in place and re-arranged. I was able to use they're die-cutter which is different from my own, but it was good to get a feel of a different machine and test it out. Once again I was working on orders; somethimes for big companies such as Paperchase, who is also one of Paper Salad's biggest customers, they have a particular liking for a certain "New Home" card as they keep ordering it- and in large quanities :) I was also cutting out gift vouchers, which will be sent out to clients. I was hand-finishing card ranges too and helped Emma send out Christmas cards to clients. Some day's in the afternoon I was able to work on my own designs; which was really good as I kept getting ideas throught the week.
Karen and Claire set me a mini project brief on Thursday; to come up with some design ideas for coaster, which had to include a cup, buscuits, name of person and a quote e.g. "cuppa". Once I was done they gave me their opinions and feedback; something helpful to add to my portfolio.
I finished for Christmas now but hopefully will be back in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment